Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pac Man cake

My baby brother Adam turned 16 last month and they threw him a totally radical 80's party. I volunteered to make him a cake and settled on a true 80's icon: Pac-Man. (and yes, I googled it just to be sure, it was released in 1980)

It was a lot more work than I thought. In fact, most of my cakes end up being a lot more work than I think. But I was pleased with the result, and that isn't too common. I made marshmallow fondant because I love the taste and its dirt cheap. It was fine at first, but to turn it black I had to knead it to death and it messed up the texture a little. But it was a lot of fun to make, and tasted pretty good too (the top tier was funfetti and the bottom was chocolate with a strawberry filling.)

Happy birthday Adam, this is how much I love you. (I don't know why I say that, I'm sure he won't even read this.) Keith is not too happy that he didn't get a stellar cake for his birthday, but can I help it that his birthday fell right smack in the middle of the two huge wedding cakes I made for Alex and Alia?!! I can't do everything. So he got "better than tractor cake" as we called it for the kids sake. Sorry hun, maybe next year??




6 comments:

  1. Ok you are so talented! If I ever have a party up their and in need of a cake I will for sure pay you to make it! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is pretty much perfection! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilariously awesome! You have no idea how obsessed jon is with pac man...I might have to hire you to make one for his birthday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures do not do the cake justice! In real life it was even more amazing - the colors were so rich and bright and it had so much detail. Adam is a lucky boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive. Sam and Joe would be so jealous. You should start making money with this talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job! Don't you love how easy people think it is??? HA! Maybe we should combine our efforts and make Shawn and Keith a Droid X phone, THAT would rock both their worlds!

    ReplyDelete