Tuesday, June 1, 2010

MOTORCYCLE BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Ryder is 2!!!! I can't believe my baby is so big. He specially requested a motorcycle theme. I asked him "Do you want an Elmo party? Or a baseball party? Or a tractor party??" and He said "MOTORCYCLE BIRTHDAY!!!!" It was the cutest thing. I've never seen a two year old so adamant about a party theme. He is motorcycle obsessed (thanks to his uncle Cameron). He was so excited for this party that he went around screaming MOTORCYCLE BIRTHDAY (at the top of his lungs) for about 2 weeks straight. There weren't any motorcycle party supplies so I improvised. Here's the cake:
And the decor:
Here is Ryder opening his presents. He got no less than 8 new motorcycle toys :)
Here's one of the 8
And the weather was nice so we did cake and ice cream outside. He was the best behaved 2 year old I've ever seen at a party by the way ( I can't resist bragging, sorry) He sat through dinner, opened his presents patiently, responded excitedly, and said thank you to everyone. He sang his own birthday song and blew out the candles by himself. He is too big. (I couldn't help but compare this to Jory's second birthday where we sang to him and he cried hysterically....we didn't even finish the song. And then he wouldn't touch the cake. haha...they are such different kids)
I LOVE my Ryder. I don't know what I'd do without him. He is so smart, and so funny, and so tough. He is the biggest flirt I've ever seen. He is mischievous, he is fiercely independent, and he is definitely a ham. Everywhere we go he is waving and talking to strangers. He loves everyone and they love him...and how could you not? He's got that sneaky grin and that bubbly personality.... Love you Ryder!!

6 comments:

  1. That's so cool! Did you take that cake class at Michaels or did you just "wing" it?! Your little family is so dang cute!!!! -Kelsee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Sad we missed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When did Ryder grow up??? He looks so big!! What a cutie, and WOW fancy cake-did you do that all on your own? You are so fancy!! I miss your sweet boys and cute family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me miss the boys right now and they are only upstairs asleep! Love those kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many years do you think you have until he starts asking for the real thing? Cute cake, by the way! You did a nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, that cake is awesome! For Olivia's 2nd I baked a box cake, frosted it, and let her throw some sprinkles on it. It was basically the least appealing creation ever.
    I still imagine him as a tiny baby (since that's the way I saw him last) and it's hard to believe that he and Olivia are actually pretty close in age!
    CUTE KID, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete