Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Halloween!

Yes, I know, my halloween post is about a week and half later than all the other moms out there, but here you go....our halloween weekend started out at the Dalton Ward party (no pictures)...and continued the next day with the pumpkin fun run. It was put on by our ward as a missionary effort/food drive. It turned out really great. I thought there was a costume contest, but they forgot the contest part...anyways... a lot of people dressed up and it was really fun. I wanted to be a zombie. Apparently I looked so bad most people didn't recognize me (probably a good thing) but what can I say, I like to dress up!
Ryder was a little scared at first, but as long as I smiled and talked like mommy, he thought I was funny. If I did my zombie walk, he started to cry.
Later that night, we did some trick or treating at some ward members houses. It was really fun and they got tons of candy, but it was kind of a pain having to buckle them in between every house and we don't know our ward very well yet so we got lost a few times. But overall it was a success and the boys had a blast.

This year, I had planned for the boys to be teenage mutant ninja turtles, but it didn't work out (maybe next year) so instead, we took them to walmart and let them get whatever they wanted. Jory was a dragon from how to train your dragon, and Ryder is a dinosaur. Jory's costume came with a mask, but it was kinda weird and it annoyed him, so instead we spiked his hair and dyed it blue. He loved that. They look pretty cute huh?
In the car, driving around.....
Knocking on doors...
And all pooped out after driving to over 30 houses. It was a fun night! Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

  1. Such awesome costumes! I'm so jealous....

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME POST! They look adorable, Stace, as always. Cute kids, I tell you what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EPIC blue hair. I'd do that everyday if I could pull it off. You all looked certifiably spooky (and awesome). Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest kids ever. I'm sad we missed being with them for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! A friend told me they had TMNT costumes at WalMart, next year for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures! Still sad that we didn't get to see them all dressed up. Jory looks like a japanamation cartoon character with that hair!

    ReplyDelete