Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kids Camp!

My brother Cameron and my sister Emily worked this summer at the Blackrock Kids Camp. Its an awesome facility with everything you could possible dream of to keep kids entertained. They were generous enough to allow employees to bring their families one night so we got to go check it out. The Zip line was by far the biggest hit.

Jory got up to the top and decided he didn't want to go. (it is kinda high up and goes down into the water) We were soo disappointed because we really wanted him to try it and we knew if he did he would like it. We tried every kind of bribery, but it didn't work. So, using a very UNrecommended parenting technique, we hooked him up and sent him down. He cried the entire time. And for about 5 minutes after. I sat at the top cursing myself for being a horrible parent and scarring him for life when all the sudden he jumped up and said he wanted to do it again. Phew! I guess it was a success. He did it a few more times after that too.


I did it too..
Cameron is a show off.
Little Rylee Miller was the most impressive though. 3 years old and it didn't take one second of convincing for her to go down. And I think she did it about 7 more times. She was an animal.
Chilling at the Dock:
There was also fishing and they stock the pond with trout. There were tons of them.
There was also an insanely cool (and VERY dangerous) playground where everything you step on moves and spins. I wish I would have taken a picture of it. It was fun. We also went in the pool that has two waterslides and the big boys had a cannonball splashing contest. The whole place was awesome and beautiful and we had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment